I love the idea and it's exactly what I had in mind when I turned to OPW because I wanted to dip my toes into contribution without being intimidated by large libraries and tool stack I had to learn to make even a small contribution.

Good luck at Open Help!

I won't be attending because my semester finals are scheduled in that month.

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 3:49 AM, David King <amigadave amigadave com> wrote:
On 2013-04-03 16:05, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell gmail com> wrote:
I will not be able to stay for the hackfest this time,…

:-(

Not to worry, we will make sure to have a hangout so that you join in remotely (pets welcome).

but I would suggest
that any hackfest focus solely on developer docs. I think we have enough
experience and expertise among us to continue to work on user-docs
throughout the year, but can most benefit by working on the more
complicated developer docs together.

With any luck, we can turn the experienced user documentation people into new developer documentation experts (and then developers!). :-)

I would be excited about working on developer documentation, so hopefully I will have enough time to make it to my first Open Help.

--
http://amigadave.com/