Re: A new sysadmin guide ?

Thanks Fred,

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
Jim Campbell wrote:

> Their sysadmin guide is done with DocBook + Publican. One of the good
> things about this approach is that it can be output to multiple formats -
> HTML, PDF, and ePub. I think this would be appropriate for a sysadmin
> guide, as the sysadmin might want to print out the materials and have them
> on their desks.
>
> I know that there is a mobile output for Mallard a this time, but it's
> pretty experimental. The stylesheets for the DocBook > epub and PDF outputs
> are pretty well tested.
>
> What do you think about the possibility of using DocBook + Publican for the
> sysadmin guide?

I like Mallard, in general, and in this case as it would then be very
easy for the various distributors to provide extra pages.

About PDF output, Shaun had a start with mal2latex[1] and I extended
it at work[2] to provide suitable documents to our customers.

       Fred

[1] http://gitorious.org/projectmallard/mal2latex
[2] http://repos.entrouvert.org/mal2latex.git/

This is excellent.