Re: New Platform Overview Developer Documentation

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 19:01, Phil Bull <philbull gmail com> wrote:
> Hi Luc,
>

> On 27/02/12 16:47, Luc Pionchon wrote:
>>
>> we should count also at least two weeks for the translations to catch up.
>> So there is really not much more than 2 weeks to introduce new or deeply
>> rewritten pages.
>

> I don't think translations are a priority for the platform overview at the
> moment. We can defer translations of this document for a release; it's aimed
> at developers, after all, who tend to use the English language docs anyway.

Phil,

You are basically right, but I can't fully agree with you.  There are
many developers who have a limited knowledge of English. They
certainly can manage with API documentation in English, because an API
is a restricted context, and often the signature of a function is self
describing. However they may have difficulties to read about a new
concept or just longer texts. Having an overview of the platform in
their own language would definitely help to understand it and get
started.

This being said, if this document is not really meant to be
translated, then we should consider to remove it from DL, rather than
having translations lagging behind for the release.