Re: possible hackfest during DeveloperConference in Brno, 17-18 February 2012

On 10/07/2011 03:07 PM, Shaun McCance wrote:
On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 15:39 +0100, Phil Bull wrote:
Hi Florian,

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 17:53 +0200, Florian Nadge wrote:
Since the GNOME developers hackfest will be held during next year's
DeveloperConference in Brno, 17-18 February 2012, the organizers asked
us whether the GNOME Documentation Project would like to hold a
documentation hackfest as well. Venue and catering is covered by Red
Hat. We already have 5-6 local people interested. Is this something the
Gnome Documentation Project might be interested in?

For details on the DevelopersConference 2012, see:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DeveloperConference 2012

For details on the hackfest, see:
https://live.gnome.org/Hackfests/DeveloperConference2012
This sounds interesting. Shaun, what do you think?
I could probably do this. It's decent timing in the release cycle.
It's before the UI freeze, but I think we could still make a good
dent in things. Especially if the hackers implementing new features
are there for us to talk to.

Anybody else interested? Let me know so I can put together a funding
proposal.

Florian, how long would this be? Looks like the conference is just
two days. Can we have a longer hackfest than that?

--
Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Right, the conference runs only from Friday to Saturday. However, we most likely can also use another even better equipped venue close by for the rest of the time.
Let me know how many days you have in mind and I will check the availability and reserve the venue.

Florian

--
Florian Nadge
Technical Writer | Engineering Content Services

Brno Office—(+420) 532 294 327 | cell—(+420) 603 764 858 |inhouse—82-62327
Red Hat Czech s.r.o. | Purkyňova 99/71
612 45 Brno | Czech Republic
mail to—fnadge redhat com
www.cz.redhat.com
Time zone: CEST
irc nick: fnadge (#docs, #errata, #devel)