Missing letters in Menus

Hi,

I've got Ubuntu Oneiric Ocelot running (11.10). I've made a base image for testing and I've tried two different ways to install gnome3:

1. Go to Gnome web page and download package from here: http://www.gnome.org/getting-gnome/

2. Add the following PPA, ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3, install gnome-shell and gnome-session.

In both cases, the desktop seems to run ok. The applications run, the animations are smooth, but there is a problem. in the upper-right-hand corner, half of my name is missing. Most of the day and time are missing in the center, and to the top left, the menus are displayed instead of "activities" followed by the icon representing the current application.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Scott Dunn
801-448-1144

The diversity and _expression_ of human opinion is essential to human survival.