Re: Questions about gedit's documentation

Hi there, Krasimir,

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 2:22 AM, Bfaf <mk2616 abv bg> wrote:
Hi everyone,

now I`m translating the documentation of gedit on Bulgarian language and
I`m using Fedora Core 15. I`ve notice some discrepancies between the
documentation and the real program. I`ve attached screenshots. Is this
is a Fedora customizations or realy is discrepancies?

To save a file, the description in the documentation says:

To save a file in <app>gedit</app>, click on the disk-drive icon with
the word <gui>Save</gui> next to it. You may also select

but the icon actualy is the one in screenshot [1]. It is not looking at
disk-drive at all.

To create new file the documentation says:

The easiest way to create a new file in <app>gedit</app>, is to click
the icon that looks like a blank piece of paper with a \"plus\" sign
next to it. If you prefer, you may also select

but the icon is with star not with the symbol "plus". See screenshot
[2].

[1] gedit-save-icon.png
[2] gedit-new-icon.png

Best Regards,
Krasimir Chonov

First, thank you for translating the gedit documentation. : )

With regards to your comment, it looks like you're right! I had written parts of the documentation using a previous version of gedit that used different icons. It's interesting that the icons would be so different, but the default Gnome documentation should correspond with the default Gnome icons.

I'll make this correction to the gedit docs, and the correction should make it into the next release of gedit.

Thanks very much for pointing this out, and thanks again for doing the translation work.  :  )

Jim