Re: Files guide

Hi Shaun,

On Sun, 2011-03-27 at 20:47 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:
> Attached a screenshot. I'm trying to condense the information
> somewhat, and remove sections that only hold one or two topics.
> Plus there's a screenshot, just for pizzazz.

This looks great! Perhaps we should go for the condensed links +
screenshot format for all of the top-level guide pages? (Or at least
where it makes sense.) The guide page screenshots convey little useful
information, but they do make the help look nicer (and therefore more
approachable).

The "I lost a file!" and "Open files with other applications" topics are
buried. These are going to be frequently-used, so they should be
prioritised.

I think that the UI-specific docs on File Manager preferences (e.g. File
Manager display) should be linked into their own guide page, and only
that guide page should be linked into the top-level Files guide. Either
that, or the topics should be given more descriptive names/descriptions
which demonstrate the relevance of the topic to the user.

Thanks,

Phil