Re: Thoughts for developer.gnome.org

On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 23:13 +0100, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Please reply with your thoughts on this. If we could pull
> > this off for 3.0, I think we'll knock the developer docs
> > story out of the park.
>
> In general I am fond of the idea to split library into help.gnome.org
> (or docs.gnome.org) and dev.gnome.org. I am not a wordpress expert but I
> really like the front-page design we created on the Berlin Hackfest and
> would like to keep in one or the other way. Maybe it is possible to set
> this up in wordpress though.

I should also say that I don't really care about WordPress vs
Plone vs Drupal vs wikis. I just think it would be great if the
non-document content were easy to edit by those of us who care
to edit it. WordPress just seems to be what people in Gnome are
using. Best to leverage experience.

I agree completely about the design. I think it's fantastic, and
I love the carousal of tutorial screenshots. Judging from what
the web team has done so far for the new gnome.org, I think all
that should be doable in WP.

--
Shaun