Re: Testing translated documentation

On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 20:03 +0300, Krasimir Chonov wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I`m translating GNOME on Bulgarian language and now I want to start
> translating the documentation for GNOME 3 written on Mallard.
> Unfortenately I can`t find any information how to test the translated
> documentation. Can you give me a link with information what I should to?

I don't think there is a page anywhere. The build process
normally takes care of creating the translated page files.
The problem with that for you is that you need the right
dependencies and such to even run configure. Although at
least for gnome-user-docs, that's not hard.

You can call xml2po yourself though. This should work:

for page in ../bg/*.page; do
  xml2po -m mallard -p xxx.po $page > `basename $page`;
done

Run that inside the bg directory. Then run Yelp like so:

yelp .

You can also hand it the file name of a page file to look
at that page immediately without navigation through things.

--
Shaun