Re: matching doc style with the selected theme

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 23:21 +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:
> hi,
>
> I wonder if there is any idea/plan on yelp side for producing the documentation
> in a style that matches the users theme. In gtk-doc I have a css and a handfull
> of icons. All the icons also exist in the icons theme as stock icons. Thus in
> theory one could patch the css and the icons(symlinks) when a theme is changed.
> What I haven't figured yet:
> - would that be a good idea :)
> - is there a theme changed hook on the dektop level?

Yelp already does this, and has been doing it for quite a
while. It calculates the colors based on the GTK+ theme,
and gets the icons from the icon theme. (To my knowledge,
no icon theme is overriding the default icons.) The only
caveat is that you have to restart Yelp for theme changes
to take effect on any pages you've already viewed.

Opening a big can of worms here, but could we install API
references and other developer documentation as DocBook or
Mallard files and let Yelp deal with the rendering?

--
Shaun McCance
http://syllogist.net/