Re: Mallard Documents to Review?

Hi Shaun,

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 16:39 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:
> According to Blip, we have the following Mallard help
> documents in git.gnome.org for the 3.0 desktop release:
>
> * Desktop Help (gnome-user-docs)
>   - April Gonzales, Cristopher Thomas, Phil
> * Empathy Instant Messenger
>   - Jim, Milo, Peter Haslam, Phil, Shaun
> * Evince Document Viewer
>   - Phil, Tiffany Antopolski
> * GCalctool Help
> * GNOME Tetravex
>   - Milo, Rob Bradford
> * Tomboy Notes
>   - Paul
>
> Some of these are very fleshed out; some are stubby.
>
> I'd like us to start doing early reviews for structure
> and organization. Which of these is ready for that kind
> of review? Would others like to do these collaboratively,
> or should I just send a bunch of comments to the list?

Evince is definitely ready for a full review. Tiffany has done some
great work on it recently, and it looks to be nearing 100% completion.
Despite April's valiant efforts, the Desktop Help needs a lot of work to
get it up to draft quality (it's mostly stubs at the moment; it really
is a huge project). Oh, and don't forget the Evolution docs, which could
use a similar amount of work.

Sending comments to the list is slow, and they tend to get forgotten. We
should have an IRC hacking session on them and get it all done
immediately, IMHO.

(By the way, do they do a Nobel prize for documentation? [1])

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - http://blogs.gnome.org/shaunm/2010/11/03/mallard-video-captions/