topic brain dump

Phil and Milo and I have been brainstorming topics for the
Desktop Help today.  We hit two topic groups: "Files and
Folders" and "Internet and Networking".  I'm sending my
notes to the group.  These are very rough.

Desktop Help Planning (Files and Folders)

Send files to people & devices
open files in different applications, change default
create files, see also templates
back up my files
burning files to cd
compress and archive files
sharing files
getting files off the network
search for files
copy and move files
delete files
restoring deleted files
"HJELP! I've lost a file, how can I find it?"
	search, recent, hidden, trash, zeitgeist
permissions (& SELinux)
mount/unmount (user-focused terminology?)
find size of file
why is my 500GB hard disk 480GB?
links
organize files (more explanatory, useful?)
quick access to files (bookmarks)
encrypt files folders drives
format disks (removable, etc), file systems

guide:
	Share & Send Files
	Universal Access

tips:
	templates
	hover preview
	drag modifiers
	spatial
	computer, home, trash on desktop
	single/double click
	autorun
	selecting files (sex it up)
		^S dialog needs onboard help
	batch rename
	extensions (scripts & extensions)
	direct delete (note in trash/delete)
	hidden files (warn on new)

errors:
	invalid characters in renaming

Desktop Help Planning (Internet)

connect to the Internet
	DSL, Wireless, modem, ethernet, mobile
	dsl/ethernet, no dsl tab
connect to a vpn
share my desktop, view a shared desktop
network proxies
	(why would I want to?)
protect my computer
share my files, network-wise?
connect to ftp/webdav/ssh
airplane mode
reconnect, refresh connection
what is a WPA/WEP/etc key?
find my IP address
how fast is my connection?
IPv6
how can I find MAC address/what is?
802.1x security
how can I stop my connection from connecting auto?
wireless connects to wrong connection
make wireless available to others on connection
wtf is dhcp?
descriptive docs about options in NM

torrent
browse the web