Re: Documentation tool proposal

Hi Phil,

Thank you for providing me perspective on how the gnome documentation
system works.

As you correctly pointed out, it probably is more geared towards creating
tutorials which would not fit in with the docs right now.

I was hoping this would take over from the wiki/forum/blog style
documentation paradigm. I'd envisioned another separate desktop client that
would act as a frontend for all the community contributed tutorials.

I wouldn't know how to tackle the accessibility problem either. It's
something I should keep in mind. Although I had an interesting idea of
running a text recognition system on the screenshots and would be able to
search _inside_ the image content, and not just the description and text.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Anirudh
--
Senior Undergraduate Student, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
http://anirudhsanjeev.org

Start something! http://consumelesscreatemore.com