Re: Updating Rhythmbox (and Banshee) docs

2010/1/22 Jim Campbell <jwcampbell gmail com>:

> I was actually interested in getting this going for this release, too.  I
> know we'd be under some time constraints, but I still think it could be
> done, especially if we have a few people working on them.

It can be done for this release if we have a good plan, but there
could be a problem.

Rhythmbox doesn't really follow GNOME release scheme. They did a
release (0.12.6, the one in Lucid) in November.
Personally I don't know when will be the next release, I'm not
subscribed to the mailing list. We should probably try to ask on IRC
if they have a possible date when the next release will be.

We may risk to work a lot in this period for the 2.30 release, and
then (exagerating) Rhythmbox gets a release at the end of the year.
If they have a pattern, they might do a release in March though
(looking at their FTP space on gnome [1]).

But anyway, this shouldn't stop us from planning and start working on it. ;-)

Ciao.

[1] http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/rhythmbox/0.12/

--
Milo Casagrande <miloc gnome org>