GCI: Character Map Mallard Progress

Attached to this is a zip file containing my current progress in
writing the Mallard manual for Character Map. I have written so far a
paraphrased introduction, and a basic entry on how to get characters
out of the application. I just wanted to know whether the tone I've
been writing in matches what you guys are going for, and whether my
basic entry meets the requirements of the task (I'm currently working
on one or two more conceptual entries for more specific tasks).