GNOME Sound

At the developer docs hackfest last week, we began building simple
demo tutorials for application developers. We plan to add short
screencasts to the beginning of each demo, so readers can get a
(hopefully exciting) glimpse of what they'll be able to create
in the next 15-30 minutes.

Somebody (Chris, I think) suggested we start each video with a
very short GNOME logo fade-in with a sound. A short sound that
we could strongly associate with the GNOME brand. I suggested
that, if we had such a sound, it could even be the sound that's
played when GDM is ready. (I dislike startup sounds in general,
but IIRC that's an accessibility feature.)

Short of find an old SNES and a copy of Mario Paint, I wouldn't
have the slightest idea how to make a sound. Do we have tools
for that? Does anybody have experience? Are people interested
in having a branded sound?

--
Shaun