Re: Evolution documentation update

Ahoj,

Am Dienstag, den 21.09.2010, 09:46 +0530 schrieb Bharath Acharya:
On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 13:27 +0100, Phil Bull wrote:
> > I think this is an area where integrating "Help" buttons into the
> > interface would really benefit users.

I agree.

> After the FAQ, it'd be great to revisit the topics in the existing
> documentation and filter it into the new format. There is a lot of
> goodness in the existing documentation (2.32) which can be inherited.

Oh... Where exactly in that document?

Am Sonntag, den 03.10.2010, 23:53 +0100 schrieb Phil Bull:
> Is there anyone in the Evolution community who would be interested in
> helping out with some of our plans?

I'll try(TM) to do some stuff(TM) in the future(TM).

> Here's a brief list of what we're doing/planning:
>       * Converting FAQ topics to Mallard
>       * Reviewing the existing Evolution docs and converting appropriate
>         topics to Mallard
>       * Organising a UI/string review

Alright. My plan:
(*drumroll*)
     1. Identify popular topics / requests by reading the classic
        manual, the FAQ, and the recent postings on evolution mailing
        list.
     2. Think about priorities (Highest is day to day usecases and tasks
        often needed [e.g. you often create accounts but don't edit them
        once they work fine], anything else is less.)
     3. End up with a list of 300-400 issues that should become
        "guide" .page files. (Number kindly provided by Phil Bull's
        "Complexity Analysis »Mallard Seems Hot!« Ontology Tool".)
     4. Sort that list by priority. A bit at least.
     5. Publish that list here and get not much feedback.
     6. For those "guide" pages that nobody has a clue of: Ask and nag
        developers. (For example I don't have an Exchange or Groupwise
        account around and Novell couldn't provide the latter to me last
        time I asked.)
     7. Create stub pages and commit them with "draft" status to
        http://gitorious.org/evolution-docs/evolution-docs .
     8. Fill them with content and commit with "draft" status to
        http://gitorious.org/evolution-docs/evolution-docs .
     9. While doing that, simultaneously file bug reports at
        https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution&keywords=string about strings that are not so cool(TM).
    10. Create some "topic" pages (I have a draft here on paper but it
        looks too much like expressionist dance to put it into words,
        but Phil said that it's not totally bad).
    11. Move stuff to git.gnome.org/evolution/help/C/.
    12. Review, be happy, and let the translators do their durrty work.

(I'll probably do 10 before I'll do 8+9 anyway.)

Cheerio,
andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed