From: April Gonzales <loonycookie gmail com>
Date: Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: Topics for review (gnome desktop help)
To: Phil Bull <philbull gmail com>
Cc: gnome-doc-list gnome org

Hi Phil,

I've gone over your comments on the look-windowbuttons.page file and have made the necessary changes. Please see attached.

Regarding the screen shots, I've included the text that inserts the images onto the page. I've also included the screen shots as attachments. I will need your help with this though, as I am unsure as to where the images are stored, so the URLs may need to be changed.

 If these images don't fit the bill, just let me know so I can get other screen shots.

Thanks,
April

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Phil Bull <philbull gmail com> wrote:
Hi April,

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 13:55 +0800, April Gonzales wrote:
> Attached are the drafts for review:
> - look-theme.page
> - look-windowbuttons.page
>
> Also, I've added an introductory paragraph to the look and feel page
> (look.page).. please let me know if we can adapt this and apply it to
> all other subsequent pages that link to the help topics.
>
> Lastly, I was thinking, should we try and make the titles of the
> topics more consistent? I noticed that there are some titles stated in
> the form of a question, whereas there are others that simply state
> what the topic is all about. I am not familiar with the style you guys
> are using though, so I'm just putting my ideas out there :)
>
> I'll continue working on the other topics and send them out in
> batches, if that's all right.

Excellent work again! I've returned the files with minor comments (only
in look-windowbuttons, I think). I'll let you review the comments and
then I'll commit the topics.

With regards to look.page: it's more of a placeholder at the moment.
We're writing topics under relatively broad categories until we get the
material finished. Once we have a good set of topics, we're hoping to do
a card-sorting exercise with some non-technical users to implement the
actual structure of the desktop help. This means that the current guide
pages, like look.page, might not exist after we've done all of the
structural work, so it's best not to put too much effort into writing
them at the moment. Your text looked good though, so I'll leave it in
there (look.page is one of the guide pages most likely to survive).

The same goes for title consistency really. Lots of aspects of the style
are up in the air and we're experimenting with them, so we haven't
actually settled on a title style yet. We'll do a full edit once things
have taken shape a little more and fix things like that.

(So, as you can see from all of the loose ends, we're still quite early
in the writing process!)