Re: Frequent desktop-help builds?

Hi Shaun,

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 11:21 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:
> Why aren't we doing this in git.gnome.org? To make it
> easier for people to commit? Since this isn't a clone
> of gnome-user-docs, it's going to be difficult to merge
> changes back and preserve history.

Yes, it's there because we can give new contributors commit access to
the gitorious branch without giving them access to the whole of GNOME
git. I didn't make it a clone of gnome-user-docs because I wanted to
keep the branch simple and lightweight, and so easier for new
contributors to deal with.

If this will turn out to be a bad idea in the future, we can change now.
The only committer so far is me, and there's little revision history.
I'm not great with git, so I'll leave it up to you to figure out what's
best.

> I could set up a build that pushes to my site on
> people.gnome.org. How and where would we link to
> it so people can find it?

That would be great. We can link to it from the wiki pages, and
advertise it when we respond to new contributors on gnome-doc-list.

Thanks,

Phil

--
Phil Bull