Re: Frequent desktop-help builds?

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 16:07 +0100, Phil Bull wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to make it easier for people to contribute to the desktop help
> [1], whether they want to write or edit content, or review existing
> topics.

Why aren't we doing this in git.gnome.org? To make it
easier for people to commit? Since this isn't a clone
of gnome-user-docs, it's going to be difficult to merge
changes back and preserve history.

> One thing that might be helpful, especially for budding reviewers, would
> be an online HTML build of the desktop-help branch [1]. This would
> automatically update from git on a frequent basis (perhaps every six
> hours), and would be displayed with Yelp's editor mode enabled if
> possible.
>
> At the bottom of each page we could put a "Comment" mailto link, which
> automatically sets the subject to the page's name and the recipient to
> gnome-doc-list. Another link to download the latest raw .page file would
> also be nice.
>
> What do you think? It would be rough and ready, but I think it could
> encourage more contributions.

I could set up a build that pushes to my site on
people.gnome.org. How and where would we link to
it so people can find it?

--
Shaun McCance
http://syllogist.net/