Re: GNOME DVB Daemon documentation

Am 25.04.2010 16:25, schrieb Milo Casagrande:
[snip]
- Configuration
        * Initial setup

Is the "Initial setup" intended to cover the assistant? Personally I
think it is pretty straightforward, so I wouldn't cover that unless it
is really necessary to cover problems that could arise.

BTW, how does one run the assistant? Is it run the first time you
launch the program?

The assistant is not started automatically, you have to run gnome-dvb-setup manually. Totem will start it for you if no devices are configured.

One thing that, at least for me, would need an answer is: what are
"scrambled channels"? what does that mean?
scrambled channels are encrypted channels (mostly pay TV).

Don't know UI-wise and a11y-wise, but it could be interesting to
insert a "link" under that checkbox that links to the topic for that
particular question, instead of having a Help button. Just a
suggestion.

Would a tooltip explaining it be a good way, too?

(Another note, since the process of scanning the channels looks like
it can take a while, what about inserting a small "note" or sentence
under the progress bar (or in?) that says "the process could take a
while, please wait"? Just another suggestion...).

Good idea, will add that.

Watching the screencast, when it reaches the end of the scanning
process I thought: and now? what now that it ended scanning? Since I
can't use the software, what happens after that? Does the "normal" UI
show up?

The device is configured successfully and channels will show up in Totem. If you start the assistant again it will tell you that the device is already configured.

        * Manage devices
                - Create a new group
                - Add a device to an existing group
                - Remove a device from a group
        * Manage channels
                - Create a new group
                - Add a channel to an existing group
                - Remove a channel from a group

I would rather create two separate groups here, not as subgroup of the
first one (as I would not cover the first one), but two independent
groups.

I agree.

- Recordings
        * Schedule a recording
        * Retrieve informations about recordings
        * Delete a recording

Looking at the screenscat, the last two actions seem pretty normal,
don't know if it is really necessary to write a topic for them.

Okay, though you would only describe actions that could cause problems and/or are not obvious, right?

--
Greetings,
Sebastian Pölsterl