Re: Empathy note about telepathy-idle

Hi,

2010/4/8 Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>:
> We have a note on ghelp:empathy?account-irc that says this:
>
>  You must have the telepathy-idle package installed in order
>  to use IRC in Empathy.
>
> OK, good useful information (but s/in order to/to/ please).

Fixed (but not pushed yet, it's only on my local copy, will push it
with the other fixes).

> Except this page is only linked to from the Accounts Window
> guide, and a couple see-alsos.
>
> Open up the Empathy help to the front page. Think to yourself,
> "I want to chat on IRC." Click to whatever pages you think are
> relevant. It's at least three clicks to get to this note.

You are right, and I agree with you. That page (accounts-window) was
meant to be linked from the help button of the "Accounts" dialog, in
order to have all the necessary information in one place, I think we
simply forgot to insert the detailed IRC page in the "real" browsable
topics (the account-window page is only accessible as a link guide or
from the help button, it's not really accessible from ghelp:empathy).

(Also, if you click on "Accounts Window" under "More About" in a
topic, you don't have breadcrumbs anymore, you have to use the "Back"
button to go back.)

> What about adding the note to irc-join-room? And maybe use link
> groups to make that the first page on the account-irc. Heck, we
> could even just add the note to account-irc.

I think you meant "irc-manage" that is the "guide" page with all the
IRC related topics, "account-irc" is where the note is right now.

If we move the note from the "account-irc" page and insert it in the
"irc-manage" page, we loose the note when people access "account-irc"
from "accounts-window", because there we only have the detailed IRC
one and no other IRC pages.

Indeed we need to give it a better location, just don't know if we
should have it in two places, or just one.

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <miloc gnome org>