Re: Processing problem with code block in Mallard page

Am Sonntag, den 29.11.2009, 17:12 +0100 schrieb Matteo Settenvini:
> Il giorno dom, 29/11/2009 alle 16.42 +0100, Mario Blättermann ha
> scritto:
> > Hi,
> > I'm currently working on an upcoming manual for Kupfer. I have tried to
> > use a code block with the following content:
> >
> > <code>
> > [Kupfer]
> > keybinding = <Control>space
> > magickeybinding = <Ctrl><Alt>space
> > </code>
> >
> > But Mallard doesn't accept this construction, I get the following error message:
>
> AFAIK it's not a Mallard problem, but a XML one. You've to escape the
> '<' and '>' entities when you use them literally, that is when you use
> them outside of the scope of opening and closing tags.
>
> http://www.htmlescape.net/escape_common.html
>
> Else, the parser thinks you're opening a <Control> tag, and thus checks
> for a </Control> closing tag before the </code> tag. Since it's not
> there, it bails out because that XML is malformed.

Thanks for pointing this out. Now it works fine, with the &lt; and &gt;
in place of the < and >.

But I remember of DocBook, there we have a <![CDATA[<control><shift>]]>
construct to prevent DocBook from detecting this as native XML tags.
Shouldn't Mallard handle this similarly? Mallard aimed to be more simple
than DocBook, and should't require any HTML based stuff. The < and >
inside a code block should be correctly processed by the XSLT
stylesheet.

Cheers,
Mario