Question about entities in Mallard

Hi All,

Docbook has switched to a RelaxNG schema with the release of Docbook 5.  RelaxNG schemas cannot natively handle entities in the same way that DTD's can, but the Docbook documentation provides an example of how you can still declare a separate entities file in Docbook 5 documents [1].

I have tried (but failed!) to declare an entity via a similar method in a Mallard document.  I didn't really expect it to work, but I thought I would give it a try before sending a note to the mailing list.

Is there some special RelaxNG-foo that would need to be in place to enable similar functionality in Mallard?  Will my referencing docbook's implementation help Shaun with this?

I hope so.  If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.  Thanks!

Jim

[1] http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Db5Entities.html