Introduction

Hello,

In today's meeting, you guys asked for a small intro, so there it is:

I'm new in the whole contributing to open source (other than small bug report). I joined ubuntu-doc not long ago. phillbull recommended me to join up to the meeting because we'll do some work about Mallard. I don't have all the details yet but it sounds really interesting.

About me: english is my second language, but I know a lot about documentation in general. I work in a services company called Revolution Linux. We're using Ubuntu LTS as our platform. My first job was doing first line support, so I used the documentation made by the others. The documentation wasn't always the best. After a couple of month, I've created a template for the client's documentation and since then, the quality of documentation greatly improved. I quickly became the "master of the documentation" in the company. After that, I became involved into training. A good training needs a good documentation so the user need to have cheatsheets, a guide or a reference "book". I became a training reviewer as well as a writer.

That should be enough for an intro. If you have any question, just ask. Hope I'll make a good contribution to the group.
--
Bruno Lambert