Re: Short Mallard Tutorial Ideas

Hi Shaun,

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm looking for ideas for short Mallard tutorials.  This is for
the projectmallard.org site.  I'd like to start off with maybe
a dozen short (10-20 minute) tutorials.  Help me brainstorm what
to write, and I'll write them.

Thanks,
Shaun

Here's some recommendations from me:

Simple:
Creating a numbered list
Creating a bulleted list
Using admon graphics
Using the code-snippet element
Formatting an xml document to improve readability of the source document (not really mallard-specific, but would be useful for new contributors nonetheless).

Moderate:
Creating a table
Overview of the different doc components (mallard documents, gnome-doc-utils, various libs, and yelp) and how they work together to build and display documentation.  What role does each one play?
Building mallard documents out to HTML

Advanced:
Customizing html display using an alternate CSS file
Beginner or intermediate XSL modifications to change the documentation output

Let me know if you'd like any help with any of these.

Jim