Re: Empathy: No protocol installed

On Sun, 2009-08-23 at 20:17 -0500, Paul Cutler wrote:
> I agree we should probably document this.
>
> PackageKit isn't standard enough that we should call it out though, we
> should point the user to installing the backends - most distros have a
> Telepathy metapackage that installs the most common ones.

All right, this makes me think of something else.  Going
forward, is there a way we could have a set of pages we
expect distros to provide?  So we could say something
like this:

  See <link xref="gnome-desktop-help#installing-packages"/>
  for information on installing packages.

And we wouldn't provide the installing-packages page,
because we can't, but it's an extension page that we
expect distros to provide.

Maybe we should provide those pages with crappy stub
content, and tag them in some way to say "Hey, distros,
replace me!"  And they could grep for that tag.

Thoughts?

--
Shaun