Re: Meaning of "getting started"

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 14:03 -0200, Pedro de Medeiros wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 12:43,  <mike jessie wispertel net> wrote:
> > One item I noticed on the linked page is that "To Save a File" is both correct and incorrect.
> >
> > I suspect the Incorrect entry should be either "Saving a File" or "Save a File."
> >
> > Is this correct or incorrect. :)
>

> No, it just furthers lexical parallelism. That is, if you use a gerund
> in a section heading, keep using gerunds for each verb in the next
> headings of the same level (alt. infinitive).

Right, it's not the title itself that's incorrect; it's the
title in conjunction with the other titles.

Although, personally, I strongly prefer gerunds.  I don't
know why.  They just read better.  (Then again, I've seen
documentation which just directly used the command form,
like "Save a File", which I though read nicely as well.)

--
Shaun