Freedesktop sound theme support in gnome-control-center trunk
- From: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- To: gnome-doc-list gnome org, Translation Team <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Cc: The Release Groove Gang <release-team gnome org>, Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Freedesktop sound theme support in gnome-control-center trunk
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 00:54:26 +0100
I won't dwell on the details. See
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=542979 for them.
* For the i18n team:
I have a few sucky strings in there:
- "Play sounds when buttons are pressed" (MacOS X says: "Play user
interface sound effects")
- "Play system beep sound" (this enables the audible bell in X)
Ideas for better strings welcome.
* For the Doc team:
The interface changed, we removed a sucky sucky tab in the sound
capplet, and made the sound selection look much better
* For the release team and others:
The esound dependency in the control-center is gone, libsounds
copy/paste isn't used anymore, and libcanberra-gtk was added as a
Enjoy, and please send bugs to bugzilla.
] [Thread Prev