Re: Wrong tags in a11y guide newly added section

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 12:52 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've started to update the Italian translation for the accessibility
> guide and I've found the following wrong tags:
>
>         gnome-access-guide.xml:7(para)
>         <keycap>Alt-F1</keycap> - display and activate the GNOME Desktop
>         menu bar. This grants access to the
>         and <guilabel>System</guilabel> menu bar items.
>
> <keycap>Alt-F1</keycap> should be
>
> <guilabel> should are <guimenu>
>
>         gnome-access-guide.xml:15(para)
>         dialog, where you can issue terminal commands with or without
>         parameters. If a file needs to be passed as one of these
>         parameters, use the <guilabel>Run With File</guilabel> button to
>         easily locate the file needed. This dialog also presents an
>         alternate list of known applications which may be easier to
>         navigate for some than the typical <keycap>Alt-F1</keycap>
>         approach.

> <application>Run Application</application> or similar (I've to check
>
> Note in this section there are a lot of simple <keycap></> instead
> <keycombo><keycap></></>, I'm not reporting all of them.
>
> Is it OK let me fix them on svn?

Vincent Alexander has been doing a lot of work on the
Accessibility Guide lately.  I'm CCing him to make sure
he sees it.  DocBook is a beast of a language, and it's
easy to make mistakes like this while learning.  Just
let Vincent know about these issues.

> PS note also that
> 1) For Solaris systems, this key is <keycap>Ctrl-Esc</keycap>
>   * s/key/shourtcut,keybinding ??

According to the Style Guide: "the shortcut keys are Ctrl-Esc".
I think the plural sounds odd, personally.

> 2) For Solaris systems, this key is <keycap>Meta-R</keycap> (as with
> Microsoft Windows). A meta- or super-key is an OS-logo shift key
>   * as above, plus "OS-logo shift key"??? what this means?

I don't think we hyphenate "meta key" or "super key".  On most
GNU/Linux distributions on PCs, The Windows logo key is mapped
to Super.  We generally refer to it as Super, then explain that
it's the "Windows logo key".

I don't know what modern keyboards from Sun look like.  Do they
have a Solaris logo key?  Don't they have an actual Meta key with
the diamond on them?  What happens with Mac keybaords?  Does the
Apple key get mapped to Super?  Meta?  Hyper?

--
Shaun