Re: ghelp links to html

Shaun,

It's not really anything we've ever found a good
solution for, unfortunately.  And this problem
has been a thorn in people's sides for at least
as long as I've been around.

Thanks for the reply.  I was wondering if there is currently any documentation on ghelp links (other than [1])?  I did some grepping through the yelp source, but didn't find very much.  That really doesn't mean an awful lot seeing as how I don't know very much C.

I've had a couple of ideas on how to "translate" ghelp links to html, but none of them are very good.  One idea of recently had, and I don't know that much about XML and XSLT, is that really all that's needed is an XSLT processor that understands ghelp URI's.  Other than yelp that is :-).  If that's the case than in theory it shouldn't bee too hard to extend an existing processor to understand them.

Of course it's usually a long road from idea to implementation.

[1] http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdp-handbook/stable/refering.html.en

--
Party On,
Adam