Re: [Fwd: Re: Simulation Analysis in the User's guide - review needed]

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 09:50 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 08:50 +0200, Adrian Custer wrote:
> > What's the status of docbook version these days? I remember a few years
> > ago I wanted to move to 4.3 but 'official' gnome was 4.2. Is there still
> > an 'official' gnome version? Will that change in the near future?
>
> My official stance is that you should use whatever 4.x
> version you like, but you should always check how it
> looks in Yelp.  There are at least some 4.3 features
> that are implemented, but there are some old features
> that aren't.  So the DocBook version number doesn't
> mean much.

Hey Shaun,

I guess you are the list maintainer so you get to see my mails before
everyone else...

My understanding was that we were bound to one 'official' version to
limit the damage we imposed on distributions-i.e. not forcing them to
ship each and every docbook dtd. Have we given up on that formally or
merely forgotten to worry about such things?

thanks,
adrian