Re: Some string changes in GTK+
- From: "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: "Sven Neumann" <sven gimp org>
- Cc: Gnome Release Team <release-team gnome org>, GNOME Documentation <gnome-doc-list gnome org>, gnome-i18n gnome org
- Subject: Re: Some string changes in GTK+
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:24:03 -0400
On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 15:12 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> I have just fixed http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=547211
>> and moved a few mnemonics around to avoid a conflict:
>> _Forget password immediately -> Forget password _immediately
>> _Remember password until you logout -> Remember password until you _logout
>> _Remember forever -> Remember _forever
> These are not very well chosen. From the HIG:
> Also, it is better not to assign access keys to "thin" letters (such
> as lowercase i or l), or letters with descenders (such as lowercase
> g or y) unless it is unavoidable. The underline does not show up very
> well on those characters in some fonts."
> Perhaps you want to try to find some characters that are better suited?
I think it is more important to have mnemonics that actually have
some mnemonic value, than picking them based on what renders best...
] [Thread Prev