Re: Two-words and one-words GUI elements

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 16:08 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On 23 Apr 2008, at 21:21, Matteo Settenvini wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to see "radio button" really go away, far away, never to turn
> > back. It's way better using the term "option" and that's all; if you
> > need to refer to some of these options, you just call them a "group of
> > options", and you ask the user to "choose one of the following
> > options".
>
> Or call them "option buttons", as some toolkits have done in the past.

That's Microsoft's recommendation, by the way.  Radio
button is a very unfortunate word that, I think, most
people don't intuitively understand.  On the other
hand, it's a fairly entrenched word at this point.
I'm not entirely sure which recommendation to make
at this point.

--
Shaun