Re: Word-a-Day Bonus Round: screencast

Em Seg, 2008-04-07 às 13:49 -0500, Shaun McCance escreveu:
> discussed having such a tool in Gnome before.  If that
> tool just talks about "taking videos", I think people
> will assume it does so from a webcam or something.

"Screencast" is efficient, and that matters. I guess people who know
what a "screencast" is won't use another word. Whenever they read
"video" or "video screen capture", they will ask themselves: "is he
talking about screencast?"

So, we could stick with "screencast", and when we have enough room we
provide a more descriptive expression, See this example [1]:

Istanbul is a program which creates a video screen capture (screencast)
in Ogg Theora format, optionally including an audio commentary.

The opposite would be good as well:

Istanbul is a program which creates a screencast (video screen capture)
in Ogg Theora format, optionally including an audio commentary.

--
Leonardo Fontenelle
http://leonardof.org