gnome-devel-docs: Internationalization guide?

This is part of a discussion from the gnome-web-hackers mailing list:

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 14:23 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > * L10N Guidelines for developers:
> > http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/gnome-i18n/developer.html
> > in svn here:
> >
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/web-devel-2/trunk/content/doc/tutorials/gnome-i18n/
> > It's html. There seems to be some conflict with the i18n guide that
> is
> > already in gnome-devel-docs:
> > http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-devel-docs/trunk/tutorials/i18n/
>
> The old i18n guide in gnome-devel-docs isn't included in the build.
> I absolutely want a document detailing how to internationalize your
> software in gnome-devel-docs.  Perhaps we can combine the best of
> whatever content is available and clean it up.

As you can see, we seem to have no official up-to-date guide to
internationalization and localization. Is someone interested in putting
a DocBook document together as part of the gnome-devel-docs svn module?

Then it can be hosted on library.gnome.org and it can easily be kept up
to date.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com