Re: /gnome-common/doc-build/xmldocs.make and docdir

hi,

Quoting Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>:

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 15:25 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
hi,

xmldocs.make at
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnome-common/trunk/doc-build/xmldocs.make?revision=3486&view=markup
redefines docdir and thus I get

xmldocs.make:39: docdir was already defined in condition TRUE, which
includes condition ENABLE_SCROLLKEEPER ...
help/manual/C/Makefile.am:8:   `xmldocs.make' included from here
configure.in:8: ... `docdir' previously defined here

when running autogen (e.g. for gtk-doc). Shouldn't xmldocs.make use e.g.

- docdir = $(datadir)/gnome/help/$(docname)/$(lang)
+ helpdocdir = $(datadir)/gnome/help/$(docname)/$(lang)

and use the new symbol?

Are you using xmldocs.make in conjunction with another documentation
build utility like gnome-doc-utils or gtk-doc?

xmldocs.make is used to build the user-manual for gtk-doc. There is a plan to switch to gnome-doc-utils for the gtk-doc manual, but its blocked on broken libxml on ubuntu edgy. Will check this again after upgrading to gutsy.

Anyway, I still see xmldocs.make use here and there and thus would like to figure our whats wrong there and fix it.

Stefan

--
Shaun