Translating docs on l10n status page

Hi everyone :)

I have only just returned to i18n after several months unable to contribute, so sorry if this is a dumb q. (Not my first for today, either. <blush>)

Looking at the Damned Lies l10n status pages, excellent tools that they are (e.g. [1]), this evening I translated the docs file for the Workspace Switcher Applet ... only to find in its text that the doc was deprecated, and the current info was in the User Guide.

So I have two questions:

Should we translators be concentrating our doc-translation resources upon the User Guide itself, instead of on the individual files listed on our status pages? (Sub-question: Should the other files be there at all?)

If so, would it be possible to break the enormous User Guide up into similar individual files (chapters?) ? Its current size is intimidating: you would get a lot more translations contributed if we could do it in sections.

Thankyou for sharing your knowledge and experience. :)

[1] http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/vi/gnome-2-20