Getting Started with GNOME Docs

Hi all,

I would like to contribute some user documentation to Conduit
(http://conduit-project.org), and am wondering if Foie Gras is anywhere
near usable yet, or will be so in the near (e.g. next few weeks) future?

I am perfectly willing to go through the steps outlined here
(http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Contributing), is that still
current?  However I am loathe to do so if the knowledge I gain will be
obsolete in six months ;-)

Also, I would like to contribute to GNOME docs in general, but am not
really a coder.  I am familiar with HTML, XML, DocBook etc. however.
And I am an unsufferable pedant.  Is the GNOME Docs pages on l.g.o. the
best and most up-to-date place to look for tasks to pick up?

Thanks in advance,

John