Re: string changes in release notes

An, 2006 09 05 23:51 -0600, Brent Smith rašė:
> I've made a couple of string changes in the release notes:
>
> modules: gnomeweb-wml
> directory: /www.gnome.org/start/2.16/notes/docbook
>
> I'm not sure the deadline for these, so I hope I didn't cause anyone too
> much trouble.
>
> Thanks,

Ups, I've replied to Brent personaly. Mailing this to the list.

"Thanks to members of the worldwide <ulink url=
\"http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/\";>GNOME Translation
Project</ulink>, under the leadership of Christian Rose and Danilo
Šegan, GNOME 2.16 offers support for 45 languages (at least 80 percent
of strings translated)."

I want to note that http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.16/top.html
shows 50 of them with Nepali being 50th having 82.39% translated. So it
should be 5 new languages in 2.16, and this brings us to:

"Note that Basque, Bengali, Chinese (Hong Kong), Estonian and Persian
are new supported languages in GNOME 2.16, thanks to the hard work of
their translators. Also noteworthy are that British and Canadian English
are supported."

It was the case with 2.14 (see
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.14/notes/C/rni18.html), however, in 2.16
these languages cannot be new supported languages once again. :-)