RE: License problem in Ubuntu Desktop Guide (Re: Incorporating Gnomedocs into ours) sec=unclassified

--- "Stoffers, Robert LAC"
<Robert Stoffers defence gov au> wrote:

> > Other alternatives are: (1) split the Gnome
> material out again, and
> > (2) relicense our desktop guide in a way which
> allows us to use the
> > Gnome material, or (3) ask permission from all the
> copyright holders
> > in the Gnome desktop guide to use their chapters
> in our desktop
> > guide, and relicence it.

The earlier messages from this thread haven't made it
to the gnome docs list.
They are here:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2006-September/thread.html

There's actually a bigger problem, pointed out by mpt
in a reply in the thread: several gnome apps have help
buttons linking to the Gnome UG, including Nautilus,
Bug Buddy, all the pref tools, and quite a few panel apps.