RE: License problem in Ubuntu Desktop Guide (Re: Incorporating Gnomedocs into ours) sec=unclassified

> Other alternatives are: (1) split the Gnome material out again, and
> (2) relicense our desktop guide in a way which allows us to use the
> Gnome material, or (3) ask permission from all the copyright holders
> in the Gnome desktop guide to use their chapters in our desktop
> guide, and relicence it.

As a large contributor to the Ubuntu desktop guide I say for number two.
The bulk of the guide was contributed by a select few of us, as long as
at least the core authors of the desktop guide consent to the relicening
then you could chop out any little bits you are unsure about. Might be a
bit of work, but I don't think its impossible with help from us.

What would you need from us exactly to cover the relicening? Maybe this
whole thing is something that should be discussed with Canonical's
lawyers before proceeding?

Robert Stoffers