Re: GDP Handbook -- Getting Started

--- Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 17:38 +0100, Joachim Noreiko
> wrote:
> > There's a big section of the Hadbook called
> "Getting
> > Started".
>
> We get potential contributors every single release
> cycle,
> and we lose nearly all of them because we have no
> process
> for integrating them into the team.  Without
> automated
> status reports and definitive lists of documents and
> who
> maintains them, people have to rely on Bottleneck
> Shaun
> to keep track of the world and respond to everything
> in
> a timely manner.

Really, what my question was about was: how should the
GDP manual be changed to reflect the current
situation?
If we can slightly improve the situation NOW, this
cycle, then let's do that, and update the GDP manual
accordingly.
But the docs need to reflect the current state of
affairs. (I think that's a rule in our manual, in fact
;)

Joachim

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html