Re: Seahorse's manual

--- Milo Casagrande <milo_casagrande yahoo it> wrote:

> Hello everybody!
> I'll introduce to the list: I'm Milo Casagrande, I
> do some translation
> for GNOME (seahorse, brasero, planner, gnome-media
> plus some review on
> gedit) and also for Ubuntu [1].
> I've started to review seahorse's manual and opened
> a bug [2] for this
> where I'll send patches (so if you want to  have a
> look...).

Hi Milo.
Welcome to the docs list :)

I don't have access to Seahorse, so I can't do that
much to help you write the manual. But it seems you're
fairly on top of things :)

There's a few general things that could be tidied up
in the manual. Off the top of my head:

- remove the version number from the title
- update the links in 'About Passwords and Encryption
Keys'
- simplify the introduction. I'm a bit confused about
'Seahorse' the project and the 'Passwords and
Encryption Keys' app. Start with what it can do for a
user, not with the technical specs.
- remove the contents list as Yelp does one for you.
But maybe add a mention of integration with other apps
to the 'With Seahorse you can:' list (but think about
what 'Seahorse' means here).
- Special GConf Keys - maybe use a variablelist
instead of sections?
- Link names of other apps to their docs, and don't
write it like a terminal command
- SSH Key Properties -- comment this out until it's
written
- fold in the panel applet documentation (as discussed
in another thread with Adam).

Ok... longer list than I thought ;)
I'm happy to do most of those (except 'simplify the
introduction' as I don't know enough about it), but I
don't want to mess up your workflow by creating
conflicts.
Let me know when would be a good time for me to make
those changes.