Re: What's down, doc? Standartize - standartize ...

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 09:17 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> --- Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> > I agree.  In fact, I generally push for a
> > two-directory layout,
> > like so:
> >
> > /sound-juicer/help/sound-juicer/C/sound-juicer.xml
> >

> The downside of that is once I start working on two or
> more manuals at once, I have several folders open
> called "C".

That's unavoidable.  Even if we don't use a two-level
heirarchy (and most of our modules don't), we still
put the source documentation in a C directory.  It's
the only way to keep multiple language documentation
clean.

There's been discussions before about disambiguating
titles of folder windows in Nautilus.  Like, if you
have three folders called "C" open, Nautilus could
change their titles to things like "user-guide/C".
If that's not enough to disambiguate, then it would
add another path component.  I don't know if anybody
has plans to implement that, but it's been discussed.

--
Shaun