Re: Successor to DocBook [tool chain]

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 08:57 -0400, Curtis Hovey wrote:
> A number of existing editors may be a good start at my first glance. Is
> one a better foundation than co-opting components to build a technical
> editor?

There is also Conglomerate (conglomerate.org), although it looks to have
been inactive for about a year. I know that it is a GNOME-rooted project
though.

I'd argue that one problem with most XML editors is that people are
making things too general: they are trying to write something that will
graphically edit any XML document. I think it'd be much more realistic
(i.e., less work) to develop a new editor that *only* edited MIND, and
did it really well, rather than to get any one of these general editors
good enough *in general* to edit MIND *in particular* really well. The
general case is just much harder to think about and get working
correctly.

Peter

--
Peter Williams / peter newton cx