Re: Wiki user guide

Hi :o)

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 13:45 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> It does replace DocBook as the format of choice.  The format
> of choice will not be any sort of wiki syntax.  The chances
> of me adding a parser to Yelp for ''text'' that '''looks'''
> like **this** are &--pretty--& $ $slim$@$.

Hihi :)

What I meant was it would seem less of a waste of time having non
docbookies [1] edit documentation on the wiki if this system would not
only be in place while we wait to be able to edit docbook directly
online, but also while waiting to be able to edit Mallard documents.

Anyhow, I'm currently devastating the wiki with all manner of silly
changes, so I'll just copy documentation there as I go along and see if
anybody comes along and makes it better. :o)

<snip list of wondrously heavenly things that seem so great that I need
time to take such things in>

This is just amazing - I never imagined people would be using yelp under
Windoze and on Macs, and for purposes that no other help browser had
been used for before. This could seriously become one of GNOME's major
selling points, now please hurry up and get it finished :)

Could Mallard become part of fd.o ? I noticed this was evoked earlier,
but not suggested - nuance :) It just seems to have benefits that make
it interesting for so many applications outside of GNOME. Or would our
beds become invaded by little trolls chanting in unison that the wrong
people had the idea first ?

> NAME MY XML FORMAT!

Bob

And why not ?

btw, spellcheckers can produce hilarious results - don't know if any of
you laughed as loud as I while reading one of my previous mails :o)

Love, Karderio

[1] That may sound derogatory, but really it isn't. :)