Re: Keyboard shortcut prefs - can we close this bug ?

Hi :o)

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 15:39 +0100, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> --- karderio <karderio gmail com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if we could close bug 329073 ?
> >
> > Joachim seems to have updated the keyboard
> > preference tool documentation
> > nicely.
>
> It's closed isn't it?
>
> It would be nice if we listed all the shortcuts, but I
> don't know where we can get a list of them all. So we
> might as well leave this bug closed, and open another
> one when we want to look at getting the complete list
> of shortcuts.

Sure it's closed, how could anybody see this otherwise ? ;)

Doh ! Sorry.

Maybe we could just explain the shortcuts configurable in the Keyboard
Shortcuts preference tool here, and have a separate section for the
other general, non configurable shortcuts...

Hmm, I'm wondering what logic a user could find to this : as I
understand it, the Keyboard Shortcuts preference tool configures
shortcuts monitored by Metacity - all other shortcuts are managed by
individual apps whose shortcuts (or at least some of them) are
configured by using the "editable menu accelerators" from the Menu and
Toolbar preference tool (btw, I'm no great fan of this system).

So I'd guess from this that perhaps, maybe, keyboard shortcuts should be
documented per application.

Anybody follow that ?

Love, Karderio