Re: Documentation for next cycle

Joachim Noreiko wrote:
--- Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net> wrote:

Two things I would like to see in the documentation
for next cycle:

* New file permissions functionality in Nautilus
(Christian blogged
about this here:
http://blogs.gnome.org/view/cneumair/2006/03/06/0)

Looks great.
But I'm sure just the other week I saw someone else
post about file permissions to the Nautilus list. I'd
want to check what's going on and which of several
possible changes is the definite one before we do the
corresponding docs work.

Are developers supposed to let us know once major UI
changes have been committed?

There is no process that I am aware of regarding major UI changes,
except during UI Freeze.  I would welcome any discussion regarding this.
The trick is to integrate this with the release process so that there is
not that much extra time/resources spent by the developer, otherwise
nobody is going to do it.

Right now most projects have detailed ChangeLogs and the NEWS file is
little more than a summary of those changes.  Maybe a team to review
NEWS files and summarize important changes to the documentation team
every point release.

Thanks,

--
Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net>