Re: Bugzilla and documentation

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 18:35 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le dimanche 12 f�ier 2006 �7:28 +0000, Joachim Noreiko a �it :
> > --- Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> >
> > > Le dimanche 12 f�ier 2006 �0:11 -0600, Shaun
> > > McCance a �it :
> >
> > > Done for gnome-desktop and pessulus. I also renamed
> > > the doc component of
> > > gnome-panel and changed the default assignee.
> >
> > I'm only guessing from the name of gnome-desktop what
> > it does, so I could be wrong. But isn't the
> > documentation for it contained within the Desktop User
> > Guide?
> > We already have a funny situation in bugzilla for
> > Nautilus, which has a docs component, but no actual
> > docs of its own.
>
> The docs in gnome-desktop are:
>  + licenses (GPL, LGPL and FDL)
>  + "How to send feedback"
>
> They are general docs. Feel free to move them elsewhere if you
> prefer :-)

Feeback should probably be rolled into the UG, or
else just moved into gnome-user-docs.  I'm not sure
you can even get to it in Yelp, if you don't know
where to look.

The licenses could move, I suppose.  It's really
rather irrelevant.  I would like to see a shared
documentation system on freedesktop.org some day,
and when that happens, I'd like to see a common
docs package containing stuff like licenses.

--
Shaun